I’ve increased the amount of the off-white. I had less time during the class period, so I couldn’t get as much done as I had wanted. The ellipse on the bottom of the spool was funky at the beginning, and it didn’t match the top. I went back and created a new ellipse for the bottom of the spool with an almost pure white. It’s ocassionally difficult because I’ll accidentally mix the partially-wet red paint with the white to create a pink, which I don’t want. Not too happy with today’s work, but oh well. Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’.
I’ve decided to go for a green instead of a blue for the background. The two tube-fresh primary colors would have just been a bit too garish. Ive gone back to using the big brush instead of the smaller one. I enjoy using the large brush, it just seems a bit awkward. 2’ x 3’. Oil on canvas.
Right. So. This is a continuation of what I was working on yesterday. I’ve had some questions about the yellowish color, and the answer is that it’s only a base coat to establish values. Also, I’d really like some feedback and critiques on my work. Message me if you have advice, questions, compliments, complaints, etc. Oil on Canvas. 2’x3’