So I’ve decided that I’m finished making the white parts plasticy, so now I’m focusing on cleaning up all the previously done parts, such as the red or green. The end is in sight! Oil on Canvas. 2’ x 3’.
Sorry guys for not posting as often as usual, between traveling and my phone’s loss of contacts, it’s hard to get my pictures in as often. Still plasticking (it’s a new verb). Love you all! Oil on Canvas. 2’ x 3’.
I didn’t upload yesterday because I was protesting SOPA and PIPA. (if you don’t know what that is, look it up. Your rights are at stake.) But anywhoo. I’m still smoothing out the plastic. Going well! Oil on Canvas. 2’ x 3’.
So the picture is a bit blurry, but I definitely think it’s looking more plastic-ey. Small story - I was painting, and I thought this one friend, Luke, was staring at me. I gave him a funny look, but he goes “I’m just watching you paint.”…. It was quite nervous-making. ANYWHO. Yeah! progress! Oil on Canvas. 2’ x 3’.
I’ve finally been able to get back to work on this. I think I’ve figured out how to make the spool look more plastic, as you can see in the top of the spool in the bottom-left sector. I still want to make the bottom part of the spool lighter, but I’ll take care of that on Tuesday. Oil on Canvas. 2’ x 3’.
I worked on the bottom part to make it a bit less… rockish…The contrast was too intense, and there was too much of a blue-gray. I’d like to add more whites and a bit more contrast to the bottom, but I think I’m doing ok in returning the off-white to the plastic. I used paint thinner for the darks and the lights on the bottem, blended them together, then removed a lot of it with a paper towel. Thanks to all my followers! You guys make me so dedicated to progress! <3<3<3<3 Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’
You can’t really see the progress that I’ve made today, but I worked on the bottom shading. I’ll just keep going onward, I suppose. Most of the progress from now on won’t be as noticeable as it was before, but it’s definitely there. Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’.
Started on the bottom part (yay!) of the plastic part today. My goal is to make the bottom edges a bit rounded - flat on the bottom, but a more sloping corner. I’m having issues keeping my whites white and my grays gray. I’m currently using titanium white, cadmium red hue, and erm…. something yellow, and all of my paints are from the brand Utrecht. It’s a bit hard to make the texture look like plastic, but I’ll fix those issues later and get the general idea of the shading now. Also, I really need to work on taking these pictures from the same distance. I’m having a few problems, but generally, the whole process is going swimmingly! Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’.
Not much progress, because time was limited today. I tried to lighten/blend the top of the spool and take out some of the drastically darker values. It looks darker than the previous picture, because the lighting in the basement room is funky, so it looks a bit different from picture to picture. I used mineral spirits with it today, something I haven’t used in a while. Also, I’M RUNNING OUT OF WHITE PAINT. EEP. Well, I guess I’ll have to get some soon. Anywhoo. Happy New Year to all of you, and I’ll keep sharing my progress! Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’.
So I’ve lightened up the top of the spool, but I think I need to make it a bit more white rather than colored. Almost finished the shading for the top plastic (need to lighten it up still) but I have a ways to go on the bottom. Despite the bit to go, I’m getting closer and closer each day! Oil on canvas. 2’ x 3’.